Cannon Ashby

Eclectic jewelry and accessories intertwining delicate beads, fabric and chain with vintage elements.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Douglas Payne is a senior level marketing communications professional with over 18 years of agency, corporate and nonprofit experience. Doug leverages his creative and analytical skills to produce award-winning results for a variety of clients. Areas of expertise include: Branding and Visual Identity; Graphic Design; Copywriting; Creative Direction; and Management of Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations Campaigns -- Contact Information -- 804 714 6259 (direct) -- Email: doug@ndpayne.com -- Mailing Address -- Post Office Box 14628 Richmond, Virginia 23221

10.11.05

St.Christopher's School Fall Festival Show


The Friday & Saturday of October 22nd & 23rd I participated in a school fund-raiser at St.Christopher's school in Richmond, Virginia. There is always a theme to each group of jewelry I complete. The theme for this group was Religious medals , in particular those who watch over us , protect us. The pieces for this show were all one of a kind w/mixed beads, silver, & ribbon pieces. The majority of the necklaces centered around silver & enamel St.Christopher medals & Mary Magdalene medals I ordered from France & England . The vintage medals I found were so intricately detailed . Alone they are works of art. The show went very well. I met some new friends, ran into some old friends, & had a great time.
I really enjoyed finding all of the trinkets & bits to pull this group together. I don't think I am finished with this group yet. I am still intrigued by the beauty of the medals, as well as the history & symbolism that goes with them . Besides, I am caught up in the thrill of the hunt... I have some pieces that I have started & some I will be looking for that one piece to bring everything together. Anyway there is more to come ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home